“Lefferts Gardens” Row Houses
These “Brooklyn brownstones” were built between 1890 –1911 on 600 lots subdivided from farmland previously owned by James Lefferts. Located in the area surrounding Prospect Park, which was completed in 1873, this group of stately buildings have been described as “one of the finest enclaves of late 19th.C. and early 20th. C. housing in New York City.